Before you can build notification plans for Rackspace Intelligence, you must define notification methods. For example, you can define a method of contacting a support engineer by SMS and contacting a manager by email.
You can create the following types of notifications:
To create new notifications or edit your existing notifications, click Notify at the top of the Rackspace interface, and then click Notifications.
Sort the list of notifications by name or type. For example, sorting by type groups everyone who prefers to be notified by email.
For each notification, the Detail field contains specific contact information such as an email ID or a telephone number.
- To define a new notification method, click Create Notification.
- Enter a name for the notification and choose a notification type.
- Depending on the type you choose, provide notification details, such as an email address or a phone number.
- Click Save Notification.
The notification appears on the Notifications page.
To edit a notification, click the settings icon to the left of the notification name on the Notifications page.
You can perform the following modifications to notifications:
- Click the settings icon to the left of the notification and select Edit Notification.
- In the pop-up dialog box, make the necessary updates for the notification, and then click Save Notification.
- Click the settings icon to the left of the notification and select Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm the deletion of your notification and permanently delete the notification.
Updated 4 months ago