Welcome to Rackspace Cloud Servers! This guide provides
everything that you need to get started, including logging into our
Control Panel, creating servers, transferring
domains to be hosted from your Cloud Server, and logging in to your
The following concepts will help you to get started quickly:
- Cloud Servers are not traditionally hosted servers. Customers
are given administrative access to virtual private servers that can be
easily built and just as easily taken down.
- Cloud Servers can resize capacity as your need changes. Billing is
charged by the number of hours of use at a given rate for the size of
server being used. For more information, see
- Customers have root access to Linux servers and administrator
access to Windows servers.
- The virtual servers are accessible through a remote connection
client like Remote Desktop (Windows) or an ssh client (Linux). Both
Windows and Linux servers are accessible through a web console
from our Control Panel as well.
- Customers can manage Cloud Servers through the Control Panel, or an
Application Programming Interface(API).
- The hardware that hosts your Cloud Server can be located in any of our
- Create a Cloud Server
- Create an image of a server and restore a server from a saved image
- Create DNS records
- Managing your server
- Reboot your server
Updated 14 days ago