Rackspace Intelligence provides a user interface that displays configuration information about the following items:
To view the configuration information for a specific item, you typically start with a list of all the entities that you have set up and configured for your system.
To obtain a list of entities on the Rackspace Intelligence interface, perform the following steps:
- Click Monitor and then click the Entities tab.
- To view details about a specific entity, click the link for the entity. The top of the Details page shows information about the entity.
Rackspace Intelligence lets you view configuration of an entity's checks. Customers with dedicated accounts can use remote checks. Remote checks monitor an entity's Internet connectivity. Remote checks are performed by attempting to contact the entity from outside the entity. For more information, see Remote check types.
Rackspace Intelligence for dedicated accounts supports the following remote checks:
To view a check on the Intelligence interface, perform the following steps:
- Click Monitor > Entities.
- Click the desired entity.
- On the Entity Details page, scroll to the Monitoring Checks section and click the link for the check that you want to view.
Rackspace Intelligence supports alarms that analyze the data that a check collects.
The alarm criteria contain the logic to process this data and convert the alarm into one of the following states:
To view an alarm, perform the following steps:
- Click on the Details page for an entity
- Click the check for which you want to view the alarm
- Scroll to the Monitoring Alarms section.
- Select the alarm for which you want to view details.
Open alerts report statuses that you have asked Rackspace Intelligence to monitor.
You can view a list of all open alerts by clicking Monitor at the top of the Rackspace Intelligence interface and then clicking Open Alerts.
Rackspace Intelligence lets you view notifications created for your entities. You need to define notifications before you can set up a notification plan for an entity. For example, you can define a method for contacting a support engineer by SMS and a manager by email.
To view the notifications configured for you:
- Click Notify at the top of the Rackspace Intelligence interface.
- Click the Notifications tab.
You can have notification plans defined that work with your monitoring checks and alarms. You can specify several ways to notify members of your team (notifications) and then assemble those notifications into notification plans.
To view the notification plans:
- Select Notify at the top of the Rackspace Intelligence interface.
- Click the Notification Plans tab.
Updated 6 months ago