Firewall Manager v2 is a MyRackspace Portal tool. This article describes the tool and provides links to detailed articles about its features.
Firewall Manager, commonly referred to as the Firewall Control Panel (FWCP), is a self-service tool in the MyRackspace Portal. Firewall Manager enables you to immediately view and modify the configurations of your Cisco® firewalls by securely connecting to them and executing the changes on your behalf. In many cases, you can use Firewall Manager to execute a change in less time than it takes to create a ticket.
To find Firewall Manager v2, perform the following steps:
Log in to the MyRackspace Portal by using your username and password.
In the top navigation bar, click Select a Product > Rackspace Dedicated.
Select Network > Firewall Manager v2.
Rackspace requires each customer contact who attempts to use Firewall Manager to accept the Firewall User Agreement terms. These terms are prompted for each device every 90 days. Only customer contacts who have edit or admin permissions on firewalls may make modifications. When the customer contact accepts the terms, the system sends a confirmation email to the customer contact and primary contact. If the customer contact chooses not to accept the terms, that contact can only view their firewall configuration.
Firewall Manager v2 is the newest release for the existing Firewall Manager tool. Firewall Manager v2 contains feature enhancements that expand the capability and supportability of your environments.
These feature enhancements provide the following new abilities:
- View, create, modify, and delete all access control entries (ACEs) within any access control lists (ACLs), including intersegment communication.
- Reorder ACE lines.
- Search a specific ACL for keywords or IP addresses.
- Create, modify, and delete any object-group and port-group, including groups not beginning with FWCP-.
- Update VPN encryption domains.
- View and manage documentation of public and private IP addresses on servers through the integration of the IP address mapping tool.
Existing features include the ability to perform the following activities:
- View the hit count numbers and add comments to ACE lines.
- Export (.csv) any of the firewall access control lists.
- Export any of the firewall ACLs to a CSV file.
- Create, modify, and delete a custom safelist to allow traffic.
- Create, modify, and delete a custom blocklist to block traffic.
- View and export (to a CSV file) the changelog of your firewall, which includes the date, person, action, and change item.
Firewall Manager v2 offers full support for the following tools and products:
- High-availability (HA) firewalls.
- Cisco ASA software later than 8.3.
The following articles provide detailed information about Firewall Manager v2 features and how to use them:
Updated 6 months ago