Rackspace Server Virtualization is a managed VMware® vSphere environment that enables you to offload the maintenance and monitoring of the infrastructure, VMware stack, and guest operating system layer to a Rackspace Technology team of VMware Certified Professionals who are experts in storage, networking, and infrastructure.
Rackspace VMware Server Virtualization runs on VMware vSphere, which allows you to consolidate the hardware requirements for higher capacity utilization and benefit from greater efficiency. You can also take advantage of features not available in traditional environments such as snapshots, vMotion and Storage vMotion, quicker workload provisioning, and less impactful hardware maintenance processes.
This Solution Guide provides conceptual information and procedural instructions you can use to manage your VMware Server Virtualization environment. This guide contains the following chapters:
- Understanding Server Virtualization
- VMware Server Virtualization architecture options
- Understanding roles and responsibilities
- Datastore overhead requirements
- Migrate a workload to VMware Server Virtualization
- Log in to the Rackspace Technology Customer Portal
- Manage Rackspace Technology Customer Portal users
- Manage your virtual machine
- Manage your hypervisor
- Replication and recovery
- Maintain your environment
- Appendix 1 licensing
Updated 4 months ago