Applies to: RackConnect v3.0
These requirements must be met to implement RackConnect v3.0.
- The cloud account that you want to use with RackConnect must
be linked to your dedicated account. You can accomplish this in
the MyRackspace Portal.
- This cloud account must also be associated with your RackConnect
v3.0 configuration. You can accomplish this in the MyRackspace
- You can associate a single cloud account with multiple RackConnect
v3.0 configurations, if each configuration is located in a
- You can have multiple cloud accounts associated with a
To use RackConnect v3.0, you must have a Dedicated Hosting account with Rackspace.
- You must have a supported network device in your dedicated account.
- For a detailed list of the network devices currently supported by
RackConnect v3.0 and their capabilities, see the article
RackConnect network device
- Your devices must be deployed in a region supported by
RackConnect v3.0. The regions supported are
DFW, IAD, ORD, LON, HKG, and SYD.
- You can have multiple RackConnect v3.0 configurations in multiple
regions, but each configuration is an independent entity and
cross-communication between configurations in different regions is
not possible with RackConnect v3.0 (although, cross-communication
between regions might be possible with a VPN solution).
- Important: You cannot create the cloud network for use with
RackConnect v3.0 yourself, and any existing cloud networks will not
work with RackConnect v3.0. Only cloud networks created by
Rackspace during the RackConnect v3.0 implementation process work
with RackConnect v3.0.
- Your cloud networks will be set up, configured, and associated with
your configuration by Rackspace during the RackConnect v3.0
implementation process. RackConnect v3.0 supports up to 10
cloud networks. For details about Cloud Networks limitations, see
the article, RackConnect v3.0
- During the implementation process, you must provide the
subnet (CIDR) and network segment name that you want to use with
your cloud networks.
- With RackConnect v3.0, multiple cloud networks can be associated
with a single cloud account. However, to have RackConnect
connectivity, the networks must be created by Rackspace. Contact us if
you want to add additional cloud networks to your RackConnect
- Additionally, to have RackConnect v3.0 connectivity, any cloud
servers that you build must be built with a RackConnect v3.0
associated cloud network.
Updated 6 months ago