Each Identity Provider should have a unique Description and Email Domain. The following table provides descriptions of these parameters:
|Description||Provides a description for your Identity Provider. This description appears in lists and other areas in the Control Panel.|
|Email Domains||Provides a valid email domain, such as mycompany.com. Users provide their email address during the federated login process, and the process uses their email domain to identify and redirect them to the correct Identity Provider to complete the login process.|
Cloud customers use the following steps to add an Identity Provider:
- Log in to the Rackspace Customer Portal.
- In the upper-right area of the navigation bar, select Account > User Management from the drop-down menu. Alternately, browse directly to the User Management page in the Rackspace Account Management Control Panel.
- In the sub-navigation bar, select Identity Federation.
- Click Add Identity Provider.
- Provide a short description of the Identity Provider for organizational purposes. When users log in by using federation, they see the name provided here.
- Click Add Domain, enter the email domain with which users should authenticate, and click Add.
- Within the SAML Metadata section, locate and click the No file chosen button. Choose the metadata file you downloaded from your Identity Provider. The Okta metadata file shows an example of this file.
After your Identity Provider metadata is successfully uploaded, you are now ready to begin Configure Attribute Mapping.
Updated 5 months ago