The Rackspace Technology DBA solution is a two-tiered subscription service. Rackspace bills you on a recurring monthly basis for the PDM and ADT solutions.
Rackspace Technology begins billing for your DBA subscription after we deploy a monitoring solution in your environment. If you incur any additional setup fees, we bill you for those fees after your first engagement with a DBA. We send an invoice for any Rackspace DBA services during the month in which we render the services.
In addition to the recurring monthly subscription, Rackspace Technology bills you on an hourly basis for any work beyond your original contract scope. For example, if you subscribe to the PDM but request work associated with the ADT tier, we can bill you at an hourly rate.
You can request work beyond the scope of your current DBA subscription in the following ways:
- Open a ticket in the Rackspace customer portal for smaller projects such as adding more instances or upgrading a database. You can request other services, such as upgrading from DBA to ADT, by opening a ticket. Review the Portal onboarding guide for information about how to create a ticket in the Rackspace Customer Portal.
The Rackspace Technology DBA team communicates with you through this ticket. You can provide any relevant information to explain your request and confirm that you agree to the charges.
- Contact your customer service manager to create a statement of work for larger projects, such as major version upgrades. Engage with a solution architect to define the details around fees and invoices.
Use the following steps to view your bill in the Customer Portal:
- Log in to the Rackspace Technology Customer Portal.
- Select Billing > Invoice Details to see a detailed view of your most recent invoice.
- Scroll to the DBA services section and select the arrow to expand the row. This action displays a breakdown of the billing information.
The expanded view displays the following information:
- The service tier.
- The number of instances associated with each tier.
- The cost of each service.
- Hourly work, displayed as DBAssist Hourly Services.
Updated 7 months ago