What’s new in 3.0.0#
The 3.0.0 release of Rackspace KaaS includes the following updates:
- Added cert-manager, a service for automating the management and issuance of TLS certificates from various issuing sources.
- Added dex, a service for centralizing authentication for various applications, including managed services and Kubernetes, by using a customer’s authentication provider, such as Okta, ADFS, and so on.
- Added Istio, a service to provide authentication, encryption, telemetry, and traffic management between applications running on Kubernetes.
- Added kube2iam, a service for Kubernetes pods to use AWS resources, such as Route 53 and S3, by using dynamic, per-pod credentials.
- Added Kubernetes Access Manager (KAM), a service for providing Kubernetes access to dex users.
- Added metrics-server, a service for aggregating the metrics endpoint inside Kubernetes.
- Added oauth2-proxy, a service to provide an authentication portal in front of each managed service (excluding harbor).
- Added support for AWS EKS 1.14.
- Changed Kubernetes version requirement to 1.14.
- Changed Kubernetes on OpenStack authentication to use keystone via dex and KAM.
- Removed the Control Panel as we refactor the most commonly used components into other services.
- Removed the kube-dashboard temporarily while we finalize integration with dex.