Rackspace knows that our customers have varying needs at different stages of their cloud journey. That’s why we provide a set of support offers that solve for your needs at any stage of your cloud lifecycle. Our services include architecture help, access to experts to solve your problems, security assistance, 24x7x365 management, cost governance, and other value-added services - all backed by GCP certified engineers and architects.
Our offers allow you to customize your experience with the ability to choose the service options to match your needs. These offers are described below.
Platform Essentials is a prerequisite for all other GCP service blocks. Platform Essentials includes:
- GCP Support powered by Google Certified Rackers and backed by GCP Enterprise Support
- Unified billing for all your Rackspace platforms and other Managed Public Cloud Accounts
- Access to the Fanatical Support for GCP Control Panel to manage your GCP projects, your users, and their permissions
Platform Essentials customers receive 24x7x365 guidance and support on their GCP project. Rackspace will respond to support requests submitted via tickets in the following timeframes:
- Urgent: Production System Outage / Significant Business Impact [60 Minute Response Time]
- High: Production System Impaired / Moderate Business Impact [4 Hour Response Time]
- Normal: Issues and Requests / Minimal Business Impact [12 Hour Response Time]
- Low: General Information, Questions, and Guidance [24 Hour Response Time]
All requests should be made directly to Rackspace and we will escalate to GCP, if needed.
Architect & Deploy¶
With the Rackspace Architect & Deploy service block, our experts apply best practices to design and deploy public cloud infrastructure that meets your business needs while minimizing costs, maximizing availability, security and performance, and enabling you to outsource ongoing management activities to Rackspace. The Architect & Deploy offer includes:
- A Technical Onboarding Manager to coordinate end-to-end activities and project manage your GCP deployment
- A Solutions Architect to understand your requirements and create a high-level proposal document for your approval
- A Build Engineer who will build and deploy the environment as per the design document
- Design Document: A document describing the detailed solution design. This document will be shared, and your approval of the design is required prior to deploying the solution
- GCP Environment: The deployed solution running in GCP
Manage & Operate¶
With tooling, automation, monitoring and 24x7x365 access to certified cloud specialists for day-to-day operational support and management, Manage & Operate allows you and your team to rest easy knowing Rackspace has your back. Manage & Operate includes access to additional tooling like Passport (instance access request control tool) and Watchman (turns monitoring alerts to tickets for Rackers to address). Your Rackspace technical support professionals will help you resolve issues quickly and effectively any day of the year, any time of the day. Manage & Operate includes:
- Named Account Manager to coordinate escalations, follow GCP technical issues through to resolution, and help focus on the GCP technical operations of the account
- Access to 24x7x365 Technical Operations staffed around the clock and around the globe to help when you experience an issue with your GCP infrastructure
- 24x7x365 management of your environment
- Operating System management
- Configuration of Rackspace infrastructure standard monitoring that is integrated with the Rackspace ticketing system
In addition to the response time SLAs of Cloud Foundation, Manage & Operate customers have access to:
- Emergency: Business-Critical System Outage / Extreme Business Impact detected by Monitoring [15 Minute Response Time]
Architect & Deploy is a pre-requisite for any customers selecting Manage & Operate.
Complex Cloud Operations¶
As a business matures or their cloud spend increases, operating GCP can become more complex. Complex Cloud Operations will help you manage this complexity with Rackspace experts that have worked with other similarly complex cloud deployments. Whether you desire a deeper technical relationship to drive outcomes or need assistance handling your architecture’s complexity, Complex Cloud Operations can assist.
Complex Cloud Operations is offered in three tiers of support:
- Bronze: Lead Cloud Engineer shared between 10 customers
- Silver: Lead Cloud Engineer shared between 4 customers
- Gold: Lead Cloud Engineer shared between 2 customers
- Platinum: Lead Cloud Engineer dedicated to your account
Rackspace will recommend a tier of support (Bronze, Silver or Gold) based on customer complexity and requirements. Quarterly, customers will work with their resources to scope what available capabilities will be delivered based on level of commitment and customer requirements. Potential activities include:
- ITIL problem management of recurring incidents
- Architecture diagrams of existing infrastructure
- Creation/Maintenance of basic post-deployment infrastructure configuration management scripts
- Review recommendations around Security, Availability, Performance, and GCP Trusted Advisor with remediation plan
- Implement cost saving recommendations by terminating idle or unused resources, right-sizing resources, updating previous generation resources
- Participate in Customer Change Advisory Boards and Stand-Ups
- Training sessions on relevant public cloud topics
- Well-Architected Reviews on different parts of your deployment
- In-Depth Roadmap Reviews for Rackspace Offers and Cloud Products
- Big Data, Serverless, and Container experts
Please talk to your Account Manager if you are interested in learning more about the service block offers.