Combine invoices for Rackspace Public Cloud, Rackspace Private Cloud, and third-party cloud accounts
Last updated on: 2020-10-19
Authored by: Stephanie Fillmon
Instead of paying separate bills for multiple Rackspace accounts, you can combine your bills into a single invoice and pay only once. This article describes how to combine invoices, how your billing due date is affected, and how to separate a combined invoice.
Currently, you can combine bills for the following products and services:
- Rackspace Private Cloud
- Rackspace Public Cloud
- Third-party cloud accounts, such as Amazon Web Services® (AWS), Microsoft® Azure™, and Google Cloud Platform™
You cannot combine accounts that:
- Are billed in different currencies
- Are already combined with another invoice
- Are contracted with different contracting entities
- Have an outstanding balance on a child account
Log in to the Rackspace Customer Portal.
In the upper-right corner of the page, click Billing.
The Billing Overview page displays.
In the Consolidate Invoices section on the left-hand side of the page, click Add Account.
You can also combine invoices from the Invoice Details page. On the left-hand side of the page, click Add Account.
On the Add Account screen, enter the account number that you want to add to the invoice.
Enter the username and password for that account.
Select the check box to agree to the terms of service, and then click Add Account.
A pop-up dialog box displays the account information that you want to add to the invoice. Click Add Account to confirm.
After the accounts are consolidated, the Invoiced Accounts section of the Billing Settings page displays the new account.
If your combined invoice includes only Rackspace Public Cloud accounts, you receive your next invoice on your normal billing date for your primary account.
If your combined invoice includes a Rackspace Private Cloud or third-party cloud account, your next invoice is billed on the first day of the month.
The following example describes how your billing is affected when you combine Rackspace Public Cloud and AWS account invoices:
- The AWS account is the primary account with a billing date of February 1, and the billing date for the Public Cloud account is February 15.
- Combined invoicing is set up on February 20.
- On March 1, an invoice is generated for only the primary account.
- On March 15, no invoice is generated for the Public Cloud account.
- On April 1, the combined invoice is generated with all AWS and Public Cloud charges, including the owed Public Cloud account amount from February 15 to March 31.
- From this point on, the combined invoice is billed on the first of the month.
Note: If your Public Cloud account has discounts applied to it, they are prorated for the period during which no bill was generated.
Separate a combined invoice
To separate a combined invoice, you must contact the account manager to update your billing preferences.