To start using the API and complete the examples in this section, you need the following items:
- Rackspace Cloud account. If you don't have an account, sign up for one.
- Command line tool or browser client for communicating with the API service.
To communicate with Rackspace Cloud services by using the REST API, you
need your Rackspace Cloud account username, API key, and account number.
In the API documentation, the account number is referred to as your tenant ID or tenant name.
To get this information, log in to the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel.
- Your account username is the username that you use to log in.
- To get your account number, click the ACCOUNT menu in the top navigation bar. The account number is shown at the top of the menu.
- To get your API key, follow the instructions in View and reset your API key.
Protect your API key. Do not expose the value in code samples, screen captures, or insecure client-server communications. Also, ensure that the value is not included in source code that is stored in public repositories.