Rackspace Metrics is a distributed system that ingests and processes time-series data generated by other systems.
This Getting Started guide provides information to complete the following tasks:
- Get your credentials
- Send API requests to Rackspace Monitoring
- Authenticate to the Rackspace Cloud
- Rackspace Monitoring Concepts
- Create your first monitor
- Install and configure the agent
To start using the API and run the examples in this section, you need the following items:
- Rackspace Cloud account. If you don’t have an account, sign up for one.
- Command line tool or browser client for communicating with the API service.
For additional information about all Rackspace Monitoring API operations, see the API reference.
You can also access Rackspace Monitoring API features from the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel.