Configure and manage networks#
A virtual network works like a traditional physical network that enables communication between the internet, VMs, and virtual data centers (VDC).
Virtual networks can consist of an edge gateway, which controls traffic between VMs and the internet, and data center group networks that control network traffic between VMs located within different VDCs.
In Rackspace Services for VMware Cloud, you set up your networking environment by configuring a default edge gateway that Rackspace has provided to you and defining data center group networks.
This chapter contains the following sections:
- Understanding networking
- Create an edge gateway firewall rule
- Create a data center group network
- Create distributed firewall rules
- Increase the static IP pool
- Edit network general and connection properties
- Edit network IP properties
- Create a network security group
- Edit an edge gateway
- Export an edge gateway
- VPN Services