Storage API reference#
This section describes each of the API operations provided by the Cloud Files service for storage services.
Learn about the available Rackspace Cloud Files API resources and operations for storage, and see request and response examples. You can use the Rackspace Cloud Files API operations to interact directly with the service.
All requests are directed to the endpoints described in the
section of the service catalog obtained during successful authentication. (For
more information, see
Authenticate to the Rackspace Cloud and
Service access endpoints.)
Following are some requirements for the storage services component:
- Object and container names must be URL-encoded and UTF-8 encoded.
- Container names cannot exceed 256 bytes and cannot contain a forward slash (/).
- Object names cannot exceed 1024 bytes, but they have no character restrictions.
You can also perform operations by using the Cloud Control Panel.
- Account services operations
- Container services operations
- Object services operations