CloudHealth for Fanatical Support for AWS realease
In mid-December 2019, Rackspace released CloudHealth for all Fanatical Support® for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers.
This post explores why Rackspace chose CloudHealth and how we’ve taken a customer-focused approach to integrating and setting up CloudHealth.
Controlling cloud costs is the most cited pain point for public cloud consumers. CloudHealth empowers Rackspace to effectively govern your cloud spend in the following three areas:
– Visibility: Before you can control cloud costs, you have to identify and understand them—a tall order for AWS and other cloud providers with notoriously complex billing. Users across an organization also need different information. For example, the person in Finance who is choosing among Savings Plans or Reserved Instances needs different information than the budget owner in Engineering who wants to see an e-mailed report of trending costs and an actionable view of underutilized resources.
– Control: Common ways that organizations control costs include creating budgets, establishing departmental accountability (including chargeback or showback), and exercising governance methods such as no tag, no play.
– Savings: With few exceptions, most organizations significantly overspend in the public cloud. In addition to helping with visibility and control, CloudHealth clearly shows how to take advantage of discounts like Reserved Instances and Savings Plans, identifies unneeded and unused resources, and more.
We believe that CloudHealth enables Rackspace, working with our customers, to solve for these three outcomes better than any other platform. As a bonus, it works across AWS, Azure®, and the Google Compute Platform®.
Our Integration and Approach
Rackspace is the first CloudHealth partner to fully integrate with their platform to include everything from account setup to user management. For example, customers can use single sign-on from the Rackspace portal into CloudHealth. Users have full access to CloudHealth with near real-time cost data, savings opportunities, inventory, and much more.
We also recognize that access to powerful tools is a necessary first step to achieving your goals, but it's not enough on its own. Rackspace adds expertise on top of CloudHealth to help you to set up reporting for different users. Examples include configuring CloudHealth Perspectives, which meaningfully segment spend and other data, reviewing cost trending and actionable savings opportunities with you, and setting up governance policies.
We are proud to provide Rackers and our Fanatical Support for AWS customers with CloudHealth to help with complex challenges around visibility, control, and cloud spend savings. Our ultimate goal is to work closely with you to achieve meaningful outcomes.
Use the Feedback tab to make any comments or ask questions.
Optimize your environment with expert administration, management, and configuration
- eCommerce and Digital Experience platforms
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Business Intelligence
- Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Email Hosting and Productivity
- Unbiased expertise: We simplify and guide your modernization journey, focusing on the capabilities that deliver immediate value.
- Fanatical Experience™: We combine a Process first. Technology second.® approach with dedicated technical support to provide comprehensive solutions.
- Unrivaled portfolio: We apply extensive cloud experience to help you choose and deploy the right technology on the right cloud.
- Agile delivery: We meet you where you are in your journey and align our success with yours.
Chat now to get started.